Venetian Blinds are one of the most popular blinds now a days, it fits almost on any windows irrespective of their size. They are placed horizontally on top of each other and the slats are held in place tied with strings. The slats can be made from any material, wood, bamboo, plastic, aluminium etc… If you’ve got large windows on your office made of glass then installing venetian blinds would be perfect for your office.
If you’re in the process of renovating your office or your house then I am glad that you’re reading this article. We’ll discuss some of the types of Venetian blinds and as well as advantages and disadvantages of using Venetian blinds for your home or office windows.
Types of Venetian Blinds
The advantages of Venetian blinds are many, a few are listed below:
- they are versatile and suitable for any window size and can be used in both homes and offices;
- they are affordable and durable;
- offer low maintenance and are easy to clean;
- allows you to control your light and privacy levels;
- they are available in multiple finishes, offering you a variety of styles to suit the interior of your home;
- available in ready-made or made to measure products
- creates a uniform look both inside and outside your home
A few disadvantages of venetian blinds include the following:
- The prices of Venetian blinds vary based on the material and finish you have selected, therefore can be expensive if you opt for the high-end materials and finishes;
- Cord operation and storage is required to ensure safety for children who may get tangled
- Depending on the size of your window and the type of venetian blind selected, this may result in a heavy window blind.
- Dust collects on the horizontal slats, however this is easily cleaned using a sock or blind duster.
- Lightweight blinds can be easily damaged if not handled carefully and spoil the look and finish of the blind;
- Unlike our roller blind range, vertical blinds aren’t motorized, and a manual operation is required.
Things to consider before buying Venetian blinds for your home.