A well-chosen window blind has a transformative effect on how your living room or bedroom looks. Be it durability or design, picking the right type of blinds for your home is important.
With a wide range of blinds available in the market, it can be quite overwhelming when it comes to choosing one. To help you with this, we have listed out the different types of blinds and the pros and cons for each type, so you can make an informed decision about which one to go with.
Read on and achieve that perfect look for your home that you’re after with the right type of blinds.
Outdoor blinds are installed to give the verandah or patio cover from rain, wind or extreme solar heat. However, they still give you enough airflow and add style to your patio. They also come in different options such as straight drop or cable guide with manual or motorised control.
- Safety from insects or mosquitoes
- Customized designs
- Regulates light and easy installation
- May attract dust because of their outdoor installation
- Replacement is quite expensive
Thermacell blinds are also known as Honeycomb blinds. They provide coolness in summer and warmth in winter. They have light filtering fabrics, patterns, and colors.
- Have better insulation levels
- Excellent privacy
- Noise reduction
- Pricey than most blinds
- Light control may get difficult
Motorised blinds work automatically as you can open or close them with the touch of a button. It has a small motor embedded in it that helps in the smooth rolling of the blinds. Motorised blinds can also be voice controlled using your home automation system.
- Fits really well with smart homes
- No manual operation
- Easy and convenient to use
- Failed motor may result in expensive repairs if not installed properly.
These are an excellent fit for wide windows as they have vertical slats and are a popular choice for ceiling windows and patio windows. Vertical Blinds hang from a track and slide to the side when open.
- Budget-friendly and durable
- Maximum light control
- Popular amongst sliding doors
- Repair or replacement can be expensive
- They are said to be noisy
- Vinyl vertical blinds crack very often
Based on this guide, you can choose blinds that fit well with your window type, measurements, design, customization, and budget.